Another excellent turn out with 24 people attending the Golf on Saturday at Oundle so many thanks for your continued support to our society and welcome to Paul Garrett our latest new comer & the legend Graham Allchin back in the saddle….So to the day itself…..The weather was pretty good to us on the day with no real rain forecast & some nice sunshine now and then…the course was also in good shape but unfortunately your captain wasn’t…After a long night I turned up feeling closer to Captain Jack Sparrow than Captain Paul Field so I ended up stone last on the day and nearly died out there with a mighty hangover and those bloody hills !
Winners on the day are as follows:
- Nearest Pin went to Rob Syer – and I watched him roll it in for a 2 ! Well done Pens.
- Nearest Pin in 2 went to Stuart Wren – it wasn’t nearest the pin it was actually an Eagle 2 !! superb Stu..
- Runner up on the day (on countback) with a strong 37 points was Chris Searle – good stuff Chris…maybe you should drink even more whiskey before starting next month !
- For the third event running someone was nipped on countback for 2nd place also and this time it was Adam Clayton…I’m not sure how he played so well as he nearly killed twice with some of his wild shots !…unlucky Adam and well played.
- Overall winner on the day (on count back) with a really impressive 37 points and worthy winner was Nick Pedlar…I think he plays more golf than Penfold now so there’s no wonder that he’s peppering the top 3 month in month out…well done mate super knock.
- Captains prize goes to……Josh Bavester for greening his third shot off tee box on hole 9….only problem was the green he hit was in fact the 7th…Lad at half way house said in all the time he’s worked there he had never ever seen that done before ! impressive Josh….lol !
Next Event info has now been sent to you all so I’ll see you there and hopefully sober (ish)….Pavenham 25th June.
All the best,