Minutes of the Exhibition Golf Society AGM Wednesday 11th December 2019

Meeting opened 19.05

 

Present

S Tatham – Chairman, P Field – Captain, N Syer – Vice Captain, R Syer – Treasurer, G Allchin – Joint Fixture Secretary, S Foster – Joint Fixture Secretary, A Wren – Handicap Secretary, P Malley, T Youds, J Mills, P Jones,

Apologies

S Wren – Secretary, N Pedlar, B May, K McGinty

Minutes of the last meeting

Agreed

Matters Arising

None

Next Event

Thorpe Wood, 18th January 2020. Details to be announced.

All 2020 fixtures have been booked and will be uploaded on the Society website shortly – click here

Captain’s Report

This has been sent electronically to PM and will be uploaded with the minutes – click here to read
PF thanked this year’s committee for their help and support along with his predecessor, JM, and also PM for his assistance.

ST proposed a vote of thanks to PF for all his work which was seconded by PM and passed.

Treasurer’s Report

RS issued copy of Society finances to the meeting. Society funds currently stand at £506.80 with a further £742.23 in the account for Macmillan.
All 2020 fixture deposits have been paid.

In view of the healthy state of Society finances RS stated that he saw no need to raise membership fees from the current £15 which the meeting agreed.

ST proposed a vote of thanks to RS for all his work which was seconded by PM and passed.

Social Events

ST thanked all who attended the Society Christmas dinner on 7th December which was a very enjoyable evening.

No other social events are planned at the moment.

Existing Committee

At this stage the existing committee resigned.

New Committee

The following new committee was elected:

Position                Name                              Proposed          Seconded

Chairman             S Tatham                              GA                     PM

Captain                 P Field                                   JM                     AW

Vice Captain         N Syer                                  GA                     PM

Treasurer              R Syer                                  PM                    PF

Handicap Sec        P Jones                                GA                    RS

Fixtures Sec           S Foster/G Allchin             PF                    AW

Secretary                P Malley                              PF                    ST

 

Any Other Business

2020 Charity Day to be held on 20th June at Bar Hill. RS to speak to Bar Hill regarding cost and buggy sales.

RS thanked for his efforts for 2019 Charity Day and Spain trip.

SF and GA have booked a number of additional dates for non-official events. Formats may vary depending on numbers attending. Suggestions for venues for the additional events are welcome.

PF to sponsor 2020 Charity Day.

RS has had to write off £41 from Society account due to non-payment of monies for shirts for overseas trips.

SF to source golf balls if required.

ST/PF to rationalise email list. Feasibility of WhatsApp group to be explored.

PM subs to be waived in lieu of him paying the website domain fees.

Following a discussion on handicaps the following motions were proposed:

  • Competition winner to be cut 5% of their handicap – passed
  • 0.3 rise in handicap when being raised – passed
  • No further discussions on handicaps until 2022 AGM – passed
  • Handicaps to be limited to 36 maximum – rejected
  • Members to be able to apply once a year for their handicap to be reviewed – passed

Meeting closed 19.50