Well done to all of you who attended our first game for 2019…
I must say I thought the course (for the time of year) was in excellent condition and the weather was very kind to us…under 4 hours round Thorpe wood doesn’t happen often & bacon rolls were nice too so a very enjoyable day had by all.
Okay to the important stuff – winners on the day are as follows:
- Nearest Pin went to Rob Syer…well done Penfold.
- Nearest Pin in 2 went to Steve Foster…well done mate
- Longest drive went to Steve Foster…enormous drive well done.
- Runner up on the day goes to Stuart Wren with 35 points…he beat Steve Wenta on count back…well done mate & bad luck Steve.
- Winner on the day goes to Steve Foster with 38 points…very well done mate nearly the clean sweep !
- Captains prize goes to Nick Syer for somehow managing to land his ball (from the bunker) in the top of his playing partners golf bag !!!
Full results table can be seen at the bottom and the handicaps page has been updated.
Next venue is Colmworth on 16th Feb – my Vice captain played there last week and tells me it’s in particularly good shape…I’ll send out invite details later this week..
P.S PLEASE REMEMBER £15 SUBS FOR 2019 ARE NOW DUE SOON SO PLEASE PAY THEM EITHER AT NEXT VENUE OR BEFORE IF POSSIBLE
Lastly I’m thinking of narrowing down this email group to those (only) on our handicap list (on website) any objections ? we can always add to it as we see fit.
We have 59 on list yet 70 plus on email group.