Well we arrived at Rutland County with the sun shining and a light breeze blowing! If only it had stayed that way. Even after some very late with drawls we had another good turnout for this time of the year, as those who played know the weather looked favourable as we started but around the halfway point it very quickly nosedived.
Even with the wind blowing and the extremely heavy rainfall we played on with some very good scores being achieved (even if the score cards were in a bit of a state) as well as some of the score cards getting very wet some of our society ended up being very wet as well after forgetting to pack their wet weather gear (Have you dried out yet Mr Chairman)
Results on the day
- Nearest the Pin – Steve Foster
- Nearest the Pin in 2 – Steve Foster
- Longest Drive – Stu Wren
- Captains Prize – Your Captain (Even if it should have gone to one of those who forgot their wet weather gear)
- Second on the day – Chris Searle with a great score of 39pts.
- Winner on the day – Well deserved and long overdue with a great score of 40pts Kev McGinty
Well done to all the winners on the day and thanks again to all those who attended.
The next EGS day will be at the Cambridge Meridian on the 8th December 2018, where we will find out who this year’s Race to Dubai winner is and also who will be crowned the Singles Champion.