Well unlike last year we managed a full round at Pavenham this year although at one point it was looking like the rain had joined us again at this venue.
So 15 of us took advantage of the discounted price for this well presented course and from what I heard all enjoyed their day, even if some of the greens proved to be impossible to read especially on the front nine, apart from this the course was in very good condition and some good golf was played by the EGS regulars.
Winners on the day were as follows:
- Nearest the pin in 2 on the 4th hole – went to the “Australian Bandito” Steve Wenta which judging by the marker was an excellent shot in to a sloping green.
- Longest drive on the 12th hole – went to yours truly, in the absence of the regular winner of this prize I majestically out drove Gordo by 3 inches to claim this trophy. Or as Mr Alchin will have you believe I won this trophy with “The Shortest” Long drive in EGS history and he should know he has been around for most of them.
- Nearest the pin on the 16th hole – went to Tony “WOP” Gentile who like Steve on the 4th hole knocked Nick Pedlar off the top spot (Unlucky Nick)
- Captains prize (The Ass Prize) This week goes to Kev “I am a Scouser too” McGinty who after leaving the 16th green in his buggy thought he was Chris woods and promptly turned right and headed off down the main drive way with his new wheels, only a true scouser would knick a golf buggy and leave an Audi A4 in the car park, is there something you would like to tell us Kev?
- Runner up on the day was Andy Wren who had been sitting comfortably in the club house with 37 pts. Thinking “I have this in the bag “unlucky mate maybe next time.
- Winner on the day came from the last group and one of my playing partners on the day Andy Gipson with an excellent 24pts on the back nine to bring him home with a total of 38 pts. Just pipping Andy at the last.
Full results table at the bottom with the RtD.
(Terrible image supplied by G. Allchin)
None of the Singles semi-finalists were in attendance at this venue so the matches need to be decided at the next EGS Society Day.
Thanks for those of you who attended and hopefully see more of you at the next outing at Gretham Valley on the 13th October for the Landlords Trophy.