So I had the honour of stepping in the Captains shoes for round 8 at Elton Furze on 21st July and it has certainly given me an idea of what to expect for next year!
Well done to all of you who attended and turned up on time, not lay in bed too long.
I must say I thought the course was in real good shape considering the recent weather we’ve had, so I expected some good points to be scored and it turned out that way for some!
Okay to the important stuff – winners on the day are as follows:
- Nearest Pin on 5th hole went to Chris Field, who I’m told moaned about the shot when he hit it….well done Bruv.
- Nearest Pin in 2 on 10th hole went to Andy Mcgarry….well done mate.
- Longest drive on 17th hole went to my good self and I beat Nick Gabb by a couple of foot…sorry mate!
- Most points of that day goes to Steve Gailbraith with 38, but unfortunately being his first comp with us he has to forfeit… bad luck mush!
- Runner up on the day goes to (the all quiet) Paul Sharp with 33 points and he moaned that he didn’t receive a sleeve of golf balls lol!…well done mate
- Winner on the day goes to Andy Mcgarry with 35 points…well done mate
- Captains prize probably goes to me for either shanking my pitching wedge out of bounds after longest drive shot or chasing my trolley and clubs into the ditch where I ended up on my ass with clubs on top of me….I’m putting the shocking round of golf and captains prize down to the added pressure I had on the day!
- Andy Mcgarry also beat Tony Gentile in third round singles match…show off!
Full table and the RTD are at the bottom – scroll down ⇓
Single matches still to be played:
- Nick Gabb v John Mills
- Martyn Ray v James Taylor-Alford
- Stu Wren v Rob Syer
These shall need to be played in round 9 @ Colne Valley GC on 18th August.
Back to you Captain.