Firstly I would like to thank all those who made it to Ramsey on the day, I enjoyed the day and hope you all did as well.
Also I have to thanks Max for making the journey up to this neck of the woods to pay and to deliver the sample Society Shirts, thanks Max enjoyed your company on the course today and well played.
Paul Field, thank you for stepping into the breach and making sure that this fixture went smoothly in my supposed absence, well done mate looks like next year we will be in good hands.
OK let’s get down to the business in hand , well I for one thought that Ramsey was in very good condition this year for our visit I just wish my golf was up to scratch on the day but it wasn’t ( enough said )
Winners on the day were as follows:
- Nearest Pin on the 2nd hole – Tim Clemton, well done Tim never looked like it would be beaten.
- Nearest Pin in 2 on the 18th Hole – Trust me this hurts as much to type as it did to announce, Chris woods well done mate.
- Longest Drive on the 6th hole – well the old usual thought he had won it again but he was beaten by Steve foster well done Steve ( by the way Stu he was injured as well )
- Runner up on the day with a very good 34 points was Andy Wren well done Andy good to see the shanks have gone.
- Winner on the day with another good score was Nick Gabb with 35 points, well done Nick.
- Captains Prize for the day goes to Tony Gentile, One his group left the first Tee without the markers, Two he hit a great shot into the NP hole but signed his name and left the NP in 2 marker on this green, Three he forgot to leave the Longest drive marker on the 6th and had to be called back. Not a good day Tony.
The Singles matches played today that completed the second round draw were won by:
- Rob Syer
- Nick Gabb
- James Taylor – Alford
The draw for the Third round is below:
- Nick v John Mills
- Tony Gentile v Andy McGarry
- Stu Wren v Rob Syer
- Martyn Ray v James Taylor-Alford
All of these matches need to be played over the next two society days.
Next society day will be the 21st July at Elton Furze hope to see you all there.
Full results table