Ladies and Gentleman,
The weekends fixture took us back to Elton Furze,which turned out to be a much drier affair than in 2016. Thank god! With the round finishing.
The course was in excellent condition and the scores reflected that, much of the field scored in the mid to high thirties.
The honours for the day were:
- James Taylor-Alford. …. Longest Drive.
- Gordon Cooper … Nearest the pin
- Tony Gentile …. Nearest the pin in two.
- The day’s runner up again was Steve Peck with 38 points.but with a dazzling display of golf on the front nine with a superb 39 was myself. (go easy on the cut… please.)
- The blind pairs winners were Nick Pedlar and Steve Peck.
- The captains award went for the “unusual start to the day,”by all accounts didn’t get any better either all round. Unlucky Paul… always next time.
Full table of results & Race to Dubai update at the bottom.
Saturday also saw the conclusion of the knock out ties, giving us the 4 semi-finalists.
Nick Pedlar (39) but Steve Tatham. (24) – Sorry Steve on your birthday too !!
Ricky Bleasdale (30) bt Nick Gabb (28) – Jet lag was the main excuse.
Martyn Ray (37) bt Babs Willis (26).
That gives us the semi pairings of Nick Pedlar v John Mills & Ricky Bleasdale v Martyn Ray.
Next outing St Neots – 12th August
Race to Dubai update