Minutes of the Exhibition Golf Society meeting held
on Tuesday 30th June 2015
- Meeting opened at 19.00
- PRESENT – S Tatham – Chairman, A Wren – Captain, G Allchin – Fixtures Secretary, R Syer -Treasurer, B May -Secretary, N Gabb, P Malley (part), K McGinty, P Sharp, S Foster(part)
- APOLOGIES – S Wren, N Syer.
- MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING – approved.
- MATTERS ARISING – None.
- TREASURER’S REPORT – The accounts for the society are in excellent condition with £1010.81 in the account.
Charity Day account stands at £3235 and UK trip £1671.
- SOCIAL EVENTS – The Christmas Dinner will be held on the 12th December, Steve Tatham to book.
- EVENTS PAST & FUTURE
Last Event – See website for details
Next Event – Elton Furze 11th July is fully booked.
All future events detailed on the website.
- PORTUGAL TRIP
2015 Excellent trip meeting proposed a vote of thanks to Nick, Rob, Kevin and Steve Foster for their help before and during the weekend.
2016 All in hand details to be discussed with those going after the meeting.
- UK TRIP
Wychwood Park Crewe 31st July – 2nd August is fully booked and ST to check if two additional places can be booked. AW to arrange trophies from Stanjays.
- CHARITY DAY 2015/2016
Excellent day despite the weather a vote of thanks was given for all those who helped. The day raised £2770 for Macmillan Cancer Support. Next years event as been booked for the same venue on Saturday 2nd July with tee times from 1pm. It was mentioned that more prizes were needed for the draw. A vote of thanks for Steve and Karen Foster who kindly donated the wine for the team winners.
All new members must play a round with the Captain, Handicap Secretary or another nominated member to verify their handicap.
- Next Meeting to be advised.
- Meeting closed 19.30