May’s event took place last weekend at Ramsey & considering it’s proximity to the charity day it was well supported with 16 attending, as there were a few regulars missing due to holidays etc & Graham’s operation I think this was a good turnout,thanks for coming chaps.
As far as the day went I think all will agree that the course was in great shape & a fair test of golf.
- Nearest the pin on the day went to Andy (members bounce) McGarry, well done Andy
- Longest drive trophy was stolen by our resident convict Steve Wenta, great shot Steve
- Nearest the pin in two was taken from under the nose of yours truly by Wren junior, kids these days are all take, take, take. Well done Stuart.
- Runner up with a perfectly judged 36 points was Paul Jones, good job Paul.
- Winner on the day with a really tidy round was Nick Pedlar with 37 points, I am struggling to remember a bad shot he played all day, nice one Nick, Dubai points are racking up fast.
- Captains award this week is awarded for the remarkable achievement of not only scoring a pitiful 16 points but somehow managing to loose more balls than points scored, a conservative estimate was 20 balls given to the Cambridgeshire countryside, congratulations to Stuart Wren.
Please see the full results and updated Race to Dubai table below and I look forward to seeing everyone on Saturday 13th at Bar Hill.
Finaly I would like to say on behalf of us all, Paul Sharpe get well soon, we miss you already.
Andy Wren EGS captain
Race to Dubai